Chill Zone Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chill Zone Gaming

Chill Zone Gaming - Place to Chill and kick butt!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterTZSLog in

Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
johnny5

Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable Empty
PostSubject: Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable   Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 am

This zone is not going to be very "chill" if people are smurfing and griefing each other within the Clan.

Some might try to paint this up as a harmless prank but what it really does is waste people's time and shows total disrespect for others' precious gaming hours. Annoyance at another Chill Zone Gamer should be shown in a fashion not involving Smurfing / Griefing. Talk it out in TS or send XFire or chat comments in game, but don't f*ck with people in this way.

Smurfing == coming into someone elses game unannounced within the Clan, when you have NOT been invited to play
Griefing == any deliberate attack against one's own teammate, tank trapping in the base, etc.

As one example, a CZG Member lagged out two 4v4 games in a row tonight with his Internet connection problems. He showed total flagrant disrespect for the 7 other people who had to wait for him and eventually ended up dropping.

Instead of this person showing the respect to bow out and/or go fix his connection, when Reaper and I started a 2v2 game, he then rudely Smurfed into the game UNINVITED and proceeded to waste our time and ruin our game, then came into our TS channel and obnoxiously going on and on about how much he screwed up our game.

Reaper and myself were not amused, and found this behaviour to be completely disrespectful and NOT CHILL. I won't speak for Reaper but I feel this should be a BANNABLE or at least Temp-bannable offense within CZG.

NO SMURFING / NO GRIEFING within CZG is my proposal. Temp-ban or ban punishment. Partly as a protest against this kind of extremely passive-aggressive, disrespectful, and RUDE behavior, I'm uninstalling CoH until we come to some sort of agreement on this sort of clan-shattering divisiveness. (Also partly because I've been playing far too much CoH, but still.)

--Johnny5 is alive!

P.S. But will not be joining you in-game until some basic ground rules of RESPECT are established. All in favor of some version of NO SMURFING / GRIEFING WITHIN CZG?
Back to top Go down
Getim
CZG Senior Admin
CZG Senior Admin
Getim

PostSubject: Re: Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable   Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 am

Sounds good to me, one thing that's a fact is that with this many people in the same place not everyone is going to get along with everyone. There will be personality conflicts and some people are not going to get along with others. The easiest way for me to deal with this is to tell you to avoid this other person. This is not possible in a game where some one can join a team of 4 unknown and continue to harass the person that they don't like. Ill talk this over with the other admins and well come up with something but as you all know Chill is in the name and that exactly what the environment is supposed to be like. I don't want to deal with petty stupid bulls*** like o he made me mad now im going to ruin his night by screwing over the next game he plays by tank trapping my team in there base, or calling arty on my teams HQ. As a group we should respect each other by understanding that we are all on here for the same reason, to get away from all the sh** that we deal with all day every day. For some of us we look forward to getting home and spending a couple hours playing a game with our friends. But when this time gets interrupted and what you've been looking forward to gets ruined i can see how you can be angry. This whole surfing thing doesn't seem like a big deal to the person who dose it but they really did waste in a 4v4 situation about 7 hours of other peoples time. (7 players at an hour a pic.)

If you read anything read this
Now i tribute this to common seance under the respect category. I'm pretty sure when you got invited to TS one of the rules were to respect the other player's. If a CZG member doesn't want you to smurf them than respect there wishes, yes its that simple and please feel free to apply that thought to other situations.

as far as banning goes, sync there was no clear rule to this before if it continues to be a problem yes the offender will be punished in some way. This decision can change i have to talk to the other admins but i wanted to get something up fast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillzonegaming.net/
Getim
CZG Senior Admin
CZG Senior Admin
Getim

PostSubject: Re: Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable   Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 am

i think these situations should be talked about in the members aria also but I'm not sure how to move a post. It was brought to my attention that there are allot more people reading this forum than there are members on the list so...
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillzonegaming.net/
geminipp

PostSubject: Re: Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable   Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm

I agree to a certain extent. But to BAN a player for one time? That seems more like a RAGE post to me. I understand and probably would be mad if the smurfer raped me, but that was not the case. I have played plenty of games where someone does something stupid and that sucks but we are all friends here. I dont know if this had already happened, but maybe the parties involved should have gotten together and talked about this and then brought it to barrets or getims attention before posting something like this (especially with the parties names involved). We are mainly adults here (cept for Lost Smile hahaha) and we should act that way. This whole flying into a rage that i have seen and heard over playing this game is ridiculous. Calling people out, and yelling at them while playing is not the way to play as friends. If, when your playing as a team, you see your teammate do something dumb or maybe he isnt doing something then let them know in a different manner then yelling at them and "Goat Poop". We only learn by playing with each other and seeing what others do. If not its going to cause players not to play with certain people and i dont want that. I want to be able to come in here and play with everyone cuz i love everyone ( especially teddy I love you ). Settle down, have fun, play the game, and make the best of it.

Oh and this whole vote thing is kind of ridiculous. I think its ok to go to peeps and ask their opinons of other players, but please dont have some sort of vote, especially one thats posted or in plain sight of the members and players. Somehow it will get leaked who voted what and this will cause clicks to form and may cause unneeded conflict. I mean would i want to be around a person who I KNOW voted against me or tried to have me voted off TS? Nope and im pretty sure no1 else would want to either. Again i understand that we will not all get along, but jesus do your best to atleast TRY to.
Back to top Go down
johnny5

PostSubject: Please Note if you Edit my Messages   Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:02 pm

First this wasn't a Rage post. Permanent ban for a single offense is obviously too much. I'll leave it to the Admins to work out how to discipline offenders. Generally speaking I felt my post was far from raging, and activity like this can tear a clan apart and lead to a non-clan.

Also in the interest of 1st amendment rights, or at least the spirit thereof, please DO NOT EDIT MY POSTS without annotating that you did so. If you're going to edit my post, please put at the top or bottom a NOTE such as "Anonymized by <<insert admin name here>> to protect the Accused" or something. Col. Jackson is the offending member and I see no reason why I can't accuse him of his weasel behavior in public--but if you're going to eliminate his name, I would like a clear note at the beginning or end of the post that it's been edited!

Otherwise you are putting words into my mouth, under my name, which is dishonest at best and at worst could legally be considered slander / libel.
Back to top Go down
coljackson

PostSubject: smurfing and TOS   Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:20 pm

ACCORDING TO ANY GAME ISN'T THE IDEA TO HAVE FUN.

Apparently the person in question ratted themselves out so as to not make the party upset and actually believe they need improvement.

It seems to me that when somone 'blames' (to assgn blame(make the fact that someone cant' hold the ammo(lag early game fixed and late game caused by relic or something other than a hack) Then proceeds to bash on another player is actually currently against the TOS for chill zone.

To make a point on 'blame'(see above) on why it's what 4 games now straight and working a stragegy with a total noob random who in fact was tank trapped in their own base at the time demonstrates that the strategy does not work and thus has NOT WASTED TIME in proving it does not work.

Lastly, the person in question not only was honest about the smurf but did give up the win so as to not ruin anyone's stats or make it feel like a waste of time. so I believe you found that both ideas have been accomplished that the strategy didnt' work and that you still got the win. Please explain where the waste of time occured.

Since it was not chilly of you to purposly just be rude and go off on everyone then decide it's everyones fault and not allow anyone to play. had it been well gg and we're gonna work a strategy now with reaper peacefully and amicablly (can't spell) making others feel left out on purpose to phisically show your disgruntelment is rude and poor form. Please try to be more inclusive in a GAME

LEAST WE FORGET IT IS STILL ONLY A GAME. and if you would like help improving your game the person in question is more than willing to show you how they did what they did and how it's not really difficult more of a process considering it was done with a total noob and whom the person in question tank trapped them in.

HONESTLY I SAY HONESTLY LETS ALL RELAX AND HAVE FUN FEEL THE LOVE. now let us pray.
Back to top Go down
Barrett Osis
CZG Senior Admin
CZG Senior Admin
Barrett Osis

PostSubject: Re: Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable   Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Well, The Admins had thier Pow Wow. Here's what we came up with after we talked to all 3 parties in question.

First, we feel like this was a difference of opinion (which will happen to all of us), that resulted in someone's voice got raised. Then someone else did a touche' and raised it back. Somewhere in there hormones kicked in. What should have happened is this.....

Ignore each other. Just like it says in the Team Speak guidelines post....

http://forum.chillzonegaming.net/welcome-to-chill-zone-gaming-f1/teamspeak-guidelines-t6.htm

I understand one party tried this. Bravo to you.... But the other party did do wrong by consistantly hounding you.

If you TRULEY feel like the other party will get a laugh out of it, we will say that smurfing is OK. Personally, you can smurf me all day long, you still ain't gonna win. You may want to ask before smurfing the first time for others. Or someone could just post a smurfing list. Smurfing is tough to enforce. It's not on one of our servers and it is game play but tread lightly.

As far as griefing. We agree that would cause an unfair advantage and would not promote this. I have told the party in quesiton about this.

All in All. This is a place to chill out. Be respectful, be calm and be cool. That is what the Chill Zone Gaming Community is all about.
Back to top Go down
http://chillzonegaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable   Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable Empty

Back to top Go down

Smurfing / Griefing should be Bannable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chill Zone Gaming :: General Discussion :: Welcome To Chill Zone Gaming-
Jump to: